If you don't see your tandem canoe make and model listed in the ordering options, don't worry! Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can send you a measurement packet. Once we have your boat's measurements, we'll add it to the list.
Our Expedition Canoe Spray Decks are made to protect you, your canoe, and your gear from sun, waves, and wind on even the most extended expedition. Each spray deck is made to order, ensuring a perfect, custom fit and offering all the options and features you need.
The decks are made from marine-grade, 8.75 oz Aqualon Edge fabric, making them waterproof, durable, UV-resistant, and long lasting. If you're paddling open water or on epic expeditions, they won't let you down, but are also light enough to portage without a second thought. A fully outfitted tandem expedition deck with attachment hardware weighs about 5 pounds.
All expedition spray decks feature three-panel, fitted tunnels that avoid excess, baggy fabric. The anatomically contoured tunnels close with 2" Velcro and have two removable side battens to keep the fabric off of your lap and prevent water from pooling. The tunnels on expedition spray covers are made from waterproof 400D ripstop polyester, ensuring both comfort and durability.
Two attachment options give you flexibility in mounting the cover to your canoe:
- We prefer our hybrid snap-and-lace system, which uses snaps to attach a lacing system to the canoe. In a best-of-both-worlds approach, this system gives you the quick and easy on-off of a snap system along with the flexibility in tensioning and loading of a lacing system. You can choose between riveting stainless snap studs to your boat hull or using YKK SNAD snap studs that attach with 3M VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive.
- A pure snap system is the least flexible in positioning and fit, but is low profile, durable, and simple. The snaps are mounted directly to the edge of the cover and the studs are attached to your boat about 1" below the gunwales. Again, you can choose between riveting snap studs to your boat or using YKK SNAD adhesive studs.
All options are "standard":
- 1000D Cordura-reinforced gunwales
- Anatomic, fitted spray tunnels with 2-inch Velcro closures, knee battens, and roll-away stowage
- Bow and stern painter line hold-downs
- Two spare paddle parks (one each on bow and stern sections for a C1 spray deck)
- Map case D-rings
- Three-piece construction
If you're looking for a spray deck for a solo canoe, see our Expedition Spray Decks for solo canoes.